You have PowerPivot all installed and configured.You’re very excited to go add a new PowerPivot application to the library when you click on the link and are greeted with a lovely error message (shown above) that reads Could not load type ‘Microsoft.AnalysisServices.SharePoint.Integration.ReportGalleryView’. How do we fix this and why is it happening?
Here is what you need to do:
- Go to SharePoint Central Admin
- Go to the System Settings section
- Click on Manage Farm Solutions under the Farm Management section
- Click on powerpivotwebapplicationsolution.wsp
- Click Deploy Solution at the top of the screen
- In the Deploy To section select your web application from the drop down list
- Click OK
Make sure that the website urls don’t have port numbers. You will probably have to retract your solution and then re-deploy it.